Is your dog chewing on everything except the toys you buy for him? Is he gnawing on chair legs, carpet, or shoes? It is normal for puppies to chew when they are teething, but can be a mystery why adult dogs chew all the wrong things. The first step in solving this mystery is to find out why your dog is chewing.
- If you are limited in the social time you spend with your dog (such as petting, playing, brushing, training, etc)…
- If your dog is left on his own for long periods of time (even if he has plenty of toys and space to play)…
- If you’ve noticed that your dog has lots and lots of energy to burn and is very active…
Your dog may have ”lonely heart behavior.” Here are some tips:
- Take your dog on walks daily.
- Teach your dog a few tricks…this helps simulate his mind. Praise him with treats or toys.
- Give your dog more “people” time, such as petting, playing, practicing obedience skills.
Want more information? Download the informative PDF.