We offer low-cost spay and neuter services at the Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center in Riverside, CA. Appointments are necessary and can only be made online. We do not scehdule appointments over the phone.
We offer convenient vaccination and microchip spay/neuter, and vaccine services by appointment. Appointments are available up to 90 days in advance and quickly fill up.
Due to high demand, our earliest available appointments are for early 2023. Due to holiday staffing challenges, we will not be performing surgeries on feral/community cats from December 21, 2022- January 12, 2023.
Lost your pet(s) vaccine records or spay/netuer certificate? We are happy to provide you with duplicates. Use the link below to request them.
(Includes a 24-hour pain injection. Additional pain medication can be purchased for an additional charge: pricing is subject to change without notice)
- Cat/Kitten $60
- Feral Cat/Kitten $45 - MUST be in a trap to receive surgery and the animal will be ear-tipped. Surgeries are limited to two feral/community cats per person. We will only accept 10 ferals/community cats per day.
- Dog Spay/Neuter (0-29.9lbs) $100
- Dog Spay/Neuter (30-44.9lbs) $115
- Dog Spay/Neuter (45-59.9lbs) $130
- Dog Spay/Neuter (60-74.9lbs) $145
- Dog Spay/Neuter (75-89.9lbs) $165
- Dog Spay/Neuter 90 and above $175 plus $1 per lb over
Additional Services & Charges (available while your pet is under anesthesia).
Prices are evaluated and quoted at the time of the exam.
- Cryptorchid & Hernia Repair
- Complicated Surgery (obese or advanced pregnancy*)
- Baby Tooth Extraction
- Dewclaw Removal (nonbone attachment)
- Microchip $21 (includes registration)
- Nail Trim - All Paws $5
- Dog Flea & Tick $15
- Cat Flea & Tick $15
- Rabies (required) $10
- DA2PPV (canine) $18
- FVRCP (feline) $18
- Bordetella (kennel cough) $18
- Feline FeLV/FIV Vaccine $18
- Feline FeLV/FIV Test $33
Pets not undergoing surgery can receive vaccines, and other services Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm ($5 office visit fee, per animal applies)
Do I need to make an appointment to have my pet spayed or neutered?
Yes! Surgery is performed Tuesday – Thursday
California state law requires current rabies vaccination for your dog. Please bring proof in the form of a rabies certificate. We are otherwise required to give your dog a rabies vaccination at the time of surgery for a charge of $10.
Surgical admission for dogs, cats & ferals: 7:30 am
Surgical rechecks: Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (except for major holidays)
Is the Spay/Neuter Clinic a full-service veterinary hospital?
No. For complete care of your pet, please visit your local veterinarian.
Financial Assistance Resources
Location & Hours
6165 Industrial Avenue (next to the Pet Adoption Center main building - enter at the first driveway with the clinic entrance banner)
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday
7:30 am to 5:30 pm