Animal Kids Camp is our day camp for kids who love animals. We offer camp in the summer and during the local winter and spring breaks. If your kids want to spend time with animals and learn even more about them, this camp is for them!
Spend hands-on time with our pet adoption center cats, dogs, puppies, and kittens. Learn fun and new facts about our animals. Participate in animal-themed crafts, activities, and games. Hear from fantastic guest speakers who work with animals. Make new friends who love what you love – the animals, of course!
Animal Kids Camp Info:
- Camp session is from 9:00am – 1:00pm.
- All camp sessions are held at our Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center location.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- $150 registration fee for 1 camper; $275 for 2 campers (all registrations include a t-shirt)
- Camp is for children ages 5 -13
Winter Camp 2021 Session
To provide a camp experience that is educational, fun, and safe, we are limiting the number of campers we accept to a cohort of 14 campers. We will continue with our already vigorous cleaning protocol, frequent sanitizing & handwashing, and social distancing when possible. Staff, volunteers, presenters, and campers will be required to wear face coverings at all times except during snack and lunch time.
- Fur! Feathers! Scales!: December 20 -23 (for campers ages 5 -13)
- Campers will meet and learn about all different types of animals this week. Animals with fur, feathers, and scales will be stopping by to teach campers that living things come in all different shapes, sizes, and even textures, but they are all still deserving of our respect.
- Future Vets: December 27 - 30 (for campers ages 5 -13)
- Campers will learn all about what a veterinarian does and how they help animals. We will explore basic animal care and campers will learn how to turn their love of helping animals into a career one day.
TIPS AND EXPECTATIONS
Hello, MSRPAC Kid Campers and families! Are you ready for a hands-on humane adventure, teaching kindness, mindfulness, social responsibility, and compassion? To ensure that you have a fabulous, Animal Kids Camp experience this year, please read these tips and expectations.
BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ANIMAL KIDS CAMP
• Calm, appropriate behavior around animals; do not pursue an animal if they walk away or hide
• Soft voices around animals, or normal speaking voices both inside and outside
• Remain seated with a lap blanket during Paws and Tales, either reading or listening
• Follow the directions of staff and Leaders
• Stay with your assigned group
• Treat others with kindness and respect
• Choose kind and appropriate words; no profanity
• Attempt all Camp activities to the best of your ability
• Hands are for helping, not hurting (and wash them thoroughly before lunch!)
• Walk at all times inside the building
• Pick up after yourself (supplies returned to bins, trash/recycling disposed of, chairs pushed in, etc.)
• Report any injuries (even a scratch) to the Humane Education Coordinator
• Follow the Kids Camp dress code every day
We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding fighting, bullying, and put-downs, theft or vandalism, or harmful treatment of animals. Acts of this nature are grounds for immediate dismissal from the Kids Camp session.
What is the price of Kids Camp?
Discounts are available for multiple sibling signups!